Chicken Sausage Veggie Pasta

Monday, March 30, 2009




When we were in Chicago a few years ago, my Aunt Rosie made the most delicious pasta dinner. She shared her "recipe" - Cooked pasta, chicken sausage, and veggies. There's no set measurements or ingredients, so you can customize it to your own taste. The ingredients below is what I typically use. Depending on my mood, or time frame, I may roast or saute my veggies. This year I think I will try grilling them. It is fast and easy and Oh so delicious!
Chicken Sausage Veggie Pasta
8 oz favorite pasta, cooked
1 pkg. chicken sausage, slicedinto 1/2" pieces
(we use Chicken sausage with apples and guoda or Chicken sausage with artichokes and mozzerella)
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced or quartered
1 small zuchinni, sliced and halved
8 oz cherry tomatoes
1 bunch asparagus, sliced
1/2 cup-ish Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 tsp fennel seeds
Cook pasta according to directions.
When I make, I roast asparagus, tomatoes and zuchinni with olive oil, salt and pepper at 400 for 15 minutes. Saute 3 TBSP butter, mushrooms, fennel seeds, and chicken sausage. When everything is done, combine with parmesan cheese in large serving bowl.
Instead of roasting tomatoes, you can also chop in half and add fresh with the parmesan cheese. For a little heat, add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes with the seasonings when roasting.
Other items we like to add: Kalmata olives, sun-dried tomatoes

0 comments: