Chocolate Chips and P.C. Scoops...

Friday, May 15, 2009

I'll admit it, sweets are my weakness. So when Josh suggested we make cookies, I wasn't going to object. I wasn't sure if I wanted chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal cookies, so we compromised with Neiman Marcus' $250 Chocolate Chip cookie. I could have been selfish and made them with chopped pecans, which makes them heavenly. But, since Ryan's not a fan of nuts in his cookies, I was nice. When it comes to my chocolate chips, I only use Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate. My take,they have to be good enough to eat plain if I'm going to use them for baking.


Nieman Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 ½ cup oatmeal., blended to make a fine powder
1 cup brown sugar
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup nuts, chopped
2 cup milk chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together with dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Scoop dough and place 2” apart on baking sheet. Bake at 375˚ for 10-12 minutes.

***I use my Pampered Chef small scoop. This will make six dozen cookies. I will usually bake two dozen of them. The rest, I scoop out onto a cookie sheet and stick in the freezer for an hour. Then I'll put the frozen dough balls into a freezer bag with baking instructions written on the bag. This way, we can quickly pop them in the oven and enjoy them later. (Plus, if I baked all six dozen cookies at once, I'd eat all six dozen cookies)

My tools of the trade for today are my Pampered Chef scoops. I have all three sizes- large, medium and small. I love them. At first I wasn't sure how often I'd use them or what I'd use them for, other than cookies. But they're pulled out almost weekly for lots of things. Osviously, I use them for cookies. They're great for making meatballs. I use them for my filling on my chicken salad roll-ups. The large is perfect for filling my cupcake liners or my waffle iron. They're great for portion control. They are a must have for every kitchen!

4 comments:

Ann said...

I am sure these cookies are really good, but are they REALLY good?

Heidi said...

I would never spend $250 for the recipe (as the story goes), but I would put them in my top 5. I love the hint of oatmeal in the cookie. My favorite way to make them is with half milk chocolate chips and half white chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Yummy!

I've even put craisins in for the pecans and used all white chocolate chips.

Heidi said...

Ann - how did they turn out?

Kynda said...

Love the idea to freeze the cookie dough in scoups. I've frozen cookie dough in a "log" before, but never in a scoup. It will definetly save time later.