Mini Meatloaves...

Sunday, April 19, 2009


So today's a double recipe! For the past few weeks I've been busy with life and I haven't put too much into cooking. I've been trying to keep it simple and quick. Trying to mix things up a bit, I came across a recipe from my Kraft Foods Magazine. Ryan's not too fond of meatloaf, so I was hesitant. However, needing something easy I thought it was worth a try. Now it's not a gormet recipe by any means, but it's really good considering the little effort put into it. I like the fact that it's portioned out. I also love that each one has the crispy curst, which is the best part of the meatloaf if you ask me. To pair it up with a veggie, we served roasted sweet potatoes - my favorite! Quick & easy meal with great reviews, even from Ryan!
Marvelous Mini Meatloaves
(Kraft Foods)

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg Stove Top Stuffing Mix
1 cup water
1 tsp garlic powder
¾ cup BBQ Sauce
¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 375˚. Mix meat, stuffing mix, 1 cup water and garlic powder until well blended. Press into 12 muffin cups, sprayed with cooking spray; make an indentation in the center of each with spoon.

Spoon BBQ Sauce into center of each meatloaf.

Bake 30 minutes or until meatloaves are cooked through. Top with cheese; continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

For Italian version: substitute the following:
garlic powder - Italian seasoning
BBQ sauce - Spaghetti Sauce
Cheddar - mozzarella
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Not really a recipe, but this is how I prepare...
Sweet potatoes, cut into bit-sized chunks
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Cinnamon
Put sweet potatoes on cooking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, sugar and cinnamon. Roll potatoes around to coat evenly.
I bake it a various oven temps depending on what I'm cooking with it. Typically its 350 for 45-50 minutes.

0 comments: