Spinach Salad and Salad Spinners

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I love salads. They are one of my favorite foods. This salad is one of my very favorites. Something I have learned about in the last couple of years is salad dressing. It can really make a salad. I rarely buy salad dressing anymore. I usually make it because it is so much better! I might post some of my favorite salad dressings some time.

Spinach Salad
Spinach
Lettuce (I use green or red leaf)
Swiss cheese (grated)
Bacon (fried and crumbled)
Mushrooms (sliced)
Feta cheese (crumbled)
Grape tomatoes

Dressing:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. salad oil
1/2 red onion (sliced or chopped)
1 tsp. dry mustard
3/4 c. white vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds

Mix dressing, add onion and refrigerate. I love to use my immersion blender to mix salad dressings. Mix the salad part together and serve.

We had this last night as the whole meal.

A note on salad spinners: If you like salad and don't have one of these, they are a must. I bought mine hoping it would not be another kitchen gadget that just takes up space. I have loved it and use it all the time! Mine is an OXO one.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

This looks yummy!!! I am excited to try it. I've thought about buying a salad spinner for awhile now. I think I need to start making more salads, so I have a good reason to buy one.

Thanks Ann!!!