Soup for a cold snowy day...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

As I sit here blogging, the snow continues to come down - Yuck! I hate the snow! But, it does give me an excuse for making soup. Ryan's not a big fan of soup, so I'll take any chance that I can get. Since it's also cleaning day, I needed a quick and easy soup. Taco Soup was the winner. Instead of cooking it on the stove, I stuck it in my crock pot on low for four hours. Now the house has a yummy smell for the afternoon. I'm serving it with Fritos, grated cheese, sour cream and green onions.

Taco Soup
(Lacie Brunson)

1 lb. ground beef
½ med. onion, diced
1 (16 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (16 oz.) can corn
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning

Brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Add remaining ingredients with liquid. Top with lots of cheese and sour cream. Serve with chips.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Ryan must have liked it, because he ate two big bowls. Even Josh ate an etire bowl!